Chincoteague Cultural Alliance
Give us your best shot!
July 14 - 21
The Chincoteague Cultural Alliance invites photographers to “Give Us Your Best Shot” for a chance to win cash prizes. The Fourth Annual Contest, titled “A Week in the Life of the Islands” will accept photos taken on Chincoteague or Assateague between July 14 and July 21.
Categories: Photographs can be entered in three categories:
• Landscape and Nature
• Structures on Land and Sea.
Prizes - Adults
• First prize winners in each category will receive $100
• Runners-up will receive $50.
• The grand prize winner will receive $100 and a gift certificate for ice cream from our sponsor, the Island Creamery
Prizes – Youth twelve years of age and under
• Winners will receive gift certificates from the Island Creamery.
Technical Requirements and Submission
Entries, in high quality digital format, must be submitted on Saturday, July 21 between 1 and 4 PM. Please carefully read the contest rules for technical details about submitting photos. Click here to read the rules.
Prizes Awarded & Critique of Winners
At 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 21 the prizes will be awarded followed by the ever popular commentary by the judges. Both entry submission and awards take place at the Senior Center on Church Street in Chincoteague.
Adults, $20 covers submission of two (2) photos, additional entries are $10 each.
Children 12 and under enter free.
The photo contest judges are James Stanfield, award winning National Geographic photographer; John Beam, local art teacher, artist and photographer; and Jim Dayton, local photographer.
• Step 1: Read the rules! Click here
• Step 2: Register online OR send a check for $20 to CCA, PO Box 257, Chincoteague, VA 23336. There is no fee for children under 12 but they still need to register. Onsite registration is available from 1- 4 pm on Saturday, July 21 when photos are submitted.
♦ For additional information about the judges and tips for contestants click here ♦
♦To view photos from past contests, click here ♦
♦ Directions to the Senior Center, click here ♦
♦ For more information, call Jim Dayton at 757-894-1957 ♦